From the silky clay native to Dehua that gives our ceramics their signature shade of ivory, to the exacting standards of experienced technicians and artisans. Luzerne quality leaves nothing to chance so that you can explore your defintion of the best with confidence.
Our ceramics tableware is a backdrop for the work of culinary greats all around the world. From Michelin-starred chefs to families rediscovering grandma’s secret recipe together, we promise all our customers the same: lasting craftsmanship that sets industry standards.
Our Signature Qualities
- Excellent resistance to extreme temperatures. Luzerne wares will not crack even when removed from the oven (180°C) and placed under running water (20°C).
- No water absorption for high stain resistance.
- Refined, translucent quality resembles bone china.
- Safe for use in commercial dishwashers, freezers, ovens and microwave ovens.
- Glaze is fired under the same high heat as its body (1,280°C), making it homogeneous as well as scratch and chip resistant.
- Able to withstand the daily rigours of heavy-duty commercial use.
- Every Luzerne in-glaze and on-glaze product comes with an exclusive guarantee* of being chip resistant**, dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe, oven-proof and shine resilient for 5 years or 5,000 washes*** from the date of manufacture (whichever is earlier), with proper care and handling.
- Lead and cadmium-free. Dual firing at high temperatures (800-1,280°C) eliminates traces of lead and cadmium.
- All of our decal and coloured glazes meet the strictest compliance standards – the US Food & Drug Administration and California Proposition 65 health standards.
- Kaolin clay native to Dehua, and does not contain animal bone ash. Suitable for those with religious and animal welfare concerns.
- Non-porous and does not absorb grease, odours and bacteria, ensuring optimal hygiene.
- Better value than bone china.
- The smart choice for professional and in-home dining.
- Elegant ivory hue enhances food presentation, especially under restaurant lighting.
At Luzerne, we use smarter manufacturing methods and more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly materials whenever possible. Recycling to reduce waste and our dependence on energy are among our green initiatives. Our goal is to keep lessening our pollution burden on the environment. It’s all part of creating an even better product and an even better system, at every chance we get.